Friday, December 3, 2010

LB#7: Direct, Purposeful Experiences and Beyond

Direct and purposeful experiences are those experienced firsthand. These are sensory experience. Our senses were directly involved in the experience and internalized. The experience made us want to ask questions and learn more.

For example, I want my students to learn how a pizza is made for their culinary class. I'd take them to a pizza parlor's kitchen and let them experience firsthand how a pizza is made.

Indirect experiences are those we hear and read about or see on TV. But nevertheless, they are still an experience through what we see or hear or read.

For instance, my students would like to learn how a rocketship is made. I would show them a documentary on the making of a rocketship. It is less expensive than taking them to a factory who makes rocketships..

No comments:

Post a Comment